WSET® Level 1 Award in Spirits
This is a one-day course (9:30-5:30) with tastings.
This qualification aims to provide the basic product knowledge and skills in the service of spirits to help prepare a person for their first job in hospitality or in other sectors of the spirits industry. This course may also appeal to the interested spirits consumer. The aim of the course is to give a basic introduction into spirits including details on how to market and serve them.
- The main categories of spirits
- Process of distillation
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
- The WSET® Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits
- Health, safety, and legal issues
- Service and sales of spirits
Examination: To gain the qualification students must pass a multiple choice test of 30 questions.